Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Rental Car Blues


Sportvision takes care of all of my flights, hotels and rental cars. They reserved a 'mid size' car for me and when I went to Hertz to pick it up, it was a Mustang.

I think most people would be very happy having rented this car. I guess I'm just getting old because I'd rather had a minivan or something else. While this car was fun to drive in general - it was very difficult for a 6 footer to see out of.

Remember, my normal vehicle (Honda Element) is just a box with lots of windows. This car didn't have tons of window views - but the worst part was the location of the rearview mirror. It blocked the forward view. Now maybe if I were driving at home at a place I'm familiar with, I would like it just fine - but out here in the Bay area - constantly looking for the right exit - driving on 10 lane interstates - I felt like I was in a rolling yellow "blind spot".

Again, I think I'm just getting old. My sister has just bought her second of these Mustangs - so obviously - more 'hip' people really like them.

The best part of it was - it had Sirius satellite radio and Sirius has a "margaritaville" channel. Now THAT was cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home