Wednesday, August 09, 2006

School Continues

I'm to the point in bartending school, where I pick up a customer check - which will have 5 or 6 drinks on it. I then have to make the drink order correctly in under 4 minutes. I've been limiting myself so far to the drinks I have memorized and I'm able to make an order usually in less than 3 minutes.

The final test - which you request - when you think you're ready consists of the instructor handing you 2 or 3 of these checks and you creating the drinks exactly right. Exactly right includes picking the right glass, using the right ingredients, putting the right garnish on and putting a straw in when appropriate - and NOT putting a straw in when not appropriate. It's a little harder than you'd think.

I did the order in the photo below in 2 minutes, 45 seconds. It is (from left to right):
Cosmopolitan, Kamikaze, Long Island Ice Tea, Gin and Tonic, Rum and Coke, Cuba Libre

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home