Thursday, July 27, 2006

Change in Plans

Cane Garden Bay

Our plan for today (thursday) was to head to Normand Island, but a tropical wave came in last night and gave us a tremendous thunderstorm system that lasted for hours. It was 'rock and roll' on the boat with lightening striking all around. We were on a mooring ball, so we had no real concerns other than a lightening strike and we stayed in the aft cabin of the boat - away from the mast.

Jan was not able to sleep much at all. This morning, we listened to the weather radio and there was a warning of more thunderstorms with Small Craft Avisories, so we're staying put for a day.

Currently, we've taken a cab over the mountain to road harbor (the largest town in the BVI) and checking out the weather on the windward side. Currently, it looks like Norman island is a go for tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

I have enjoyed catching up on your trip!
As always, you are an inspiration to me.
I am very impressed, Captain!
And, it sound like fun.

As you can imagine... I am in the thick of crazy.
SOJA last week, ASG coming up on the 12th.
Teen nights breaking records...

On top of all that, despite my best intentions... this blog thing is still confounding me...
Idiot me can't figure out how to start a new topic!
All I can seem to accomplish is commenting on my own comments!

Any hoooo, keep having fun, stay safe, hug Jan for me.

Living vicariously through you (and this blog!)

Ben

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home