Monday, April 24, 2006

Hang Gliding Comp comes to Florida

The core group of people whom I've hung around with for years and who've defined my life came into the state for the anual hang gliding competition. I've driven to this competition from N.C. every year since 1997 - in fact - I started the modern FL hg competition. It's always something I've really looked forward to doing.

I guess I must be losing my interest a bit. I drove over to the flying site (Quest Air in Groveland) 2 of the days. It was great to see my buddies again, but I really had very little drive to fly. I even have a brand new glider - in the bag sitting over at Quest Air for me to fly. Maybe I'll head back over sometime in the next couple of weeks and shake off the cobwebs.

My interest really seems to be on the water. I've found a 'captains course' in Daytona which will take place in May - but unfortunately - it conflicts with the Hang Gliding Spectacular on the OBX, so I'll miss that one. Instead, I've signed up for one in July that is in Titusville. It will be a 40 minute drive each way for 9 days, but otherwise, I'll have to travel to another city and stay for 9 days while I take the course.

Photo is of gliders circling over the take off point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home